Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage - Local Festivals
Program SummaryBuilding Communities Through Arts and Heritage – Local Festivals component provides funding to local groups for recurring festivals that present the work of local artists, artisans or heritage performers.
Successful applicants may receive up to 100 per cent of eligible expenses up to a maximum of $200,000 for festivals that:
• present the work of local artists, artisans, or heritage performers;
• actively involve members of the local community; and
• are intended for and accessible to the general public.
Eligible applicants must represent one of the following community-based groups:
• a local non-profit organization or group;
• a local band council, local tribal council or other local Aboriginal government or organization (First Nations, Inuit or Métis).
In addition, applicants must:
• encourage local community engagement through activities that promote, celebrate and preserve local performing and visual arts or local heritage; and
• have successfully organized a prior edition of the festival, within the last two years, that met all eligibility requirements of this component.
January 31 for festivals starting between September 1 and December 31
April 30 for festivals starting between January 1 and June 30
September 30 for festivals starting between July 1 and August 31