Parasport Jumpstart Fund
Parasport Jumpstart Fund offers three streams of funding for eligible organizations.
1. Paralympic Sport Funding – support for Paralympic Sport programming in single sports. This stream supports programming for awareness, first involvement recruitment initiatives, participation or athlete development.
2. Parasport Funding – provides support to programming for sports that are not on the Paralympic program. These sports are generally considered “Parasport” and include wheel dance, waterski and wakeboard, para golf, para sailing and more. This funding will support projects and programs for single sports.
Multi-sport Funding – provides support to programs offering more than one sport. Sports and activities included can be Paralympic or non-Paralympic sports or a blend of both.
Organizations that are eligible for funding are included below:
• a registered charity (including a registered national arts service organization)
• a registered Canadian amateur athletic association
• a registered housing corporation resident in Canada constituted exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged
• a registered Canadian municipality
• a registered municipal or public body performing a function of government in Canada
• Her Majesty in right of Canada, a province, or a territory
• the United Nations and its agencies
• Provincial Sport Organizations
• Multi-Sport Organizations
• Disability Sport Organizations
• an organization incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation or society;
• an unincorporated branch or chapter of a registered charity or incorporated not-for-profit organization. The incorporated organization or registered charity must authorize the application and accept responsibility for any approved grant;
• an Indigenous community
Applications for the 2018 Parasport Fund Grants will be open in Spring 2018.
2180 Yonge Street
P.O. Box 770, Station K
Toronto, ON, M4P 2V8